This is an electronic visa issued to foreigners. E-Visa allows you to enter a certain country and stay there for a certain period of time. With an e-visa, all your personal information is stored electronically. The visa issuing authority will send an electronic copy of your visa to your registered email address. E-visas are mainly issued for short-term stays abroad.
Indian e-Visa is an electronic travel authorization that allows foreign nationals to visit India for various purposes such as tourism, business, medical treatment, and conference attendance. It is a faster and more convenient way to obtain a visa for India as it can be applied for and obtained online. The e-Visa is available for citizens of eligible countries who plan to visit India for a short duration of up to 90 days. The visa is issued for a specific purpose, and the traveller must adhere to the purpose mentioned in the application.
India Visa Documents Required by all types of e-Visas
The first and foremost eligibility criterion for any type of e-Visa is ensuring that your country is one of the 170 countries eligible for e-Visa for India. If so, then the following information will simplify the application process. Since you do not need to be physically present for biometric registration prior to receiving a visa, the online option for submitting the required documents is error-free. Please have the following documents and information ready before you apply:
Required documents for e-Visa application
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- Passport size photo.
- You may be asked to present the following documents upon arrival:
- Paper copy of your e-Visa.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months.
- Invitation letter (if any)
- Health insurance during your stay.
These are some of the common documents that immigration authorities may require at the airport upon your arrival. However, some countries may also require additional documents.
The documents required for a business eVisa are:
- Completed business visa application form.
- Valid travel document and re-entry permit from the applicant's country of origin or residence (if the applicant has lived in the country of residence for at least 2 years).
- Documents proving the financial status of foreign nationals.
- Documents confirming or proving that foreign nationals have experience in the desired field of activity.
- A copy of a valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months, which must be renewed prior to departure.
Visa requirements for medical purposes:
- A copy of the initial medical report stating that the applicant requires specialist treatment and will be referred to a hospital in India.
- Copy of doctor's appointment letter at a recognized medical facility in India.
- Documentary evidence of his financial status.
- Friends/Family members accompanying the patient to India for medical treatment will be issued an Accompanying Medical Visa along with the patient's Medical Visa.
- A completed visa application form, available online or at the Indian embassy or consulate.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs.
- A copy of your passport and previous visa (if applicable).
- A fee for the visa, which varies depending on the duration of the visa and your country of origin./li>
- Travel itinerary, proof of travel insurance, and a letter of support from your home country's embassy or consulate.
The required documents for Medical Attendant Visa
- Passport valid for 6 months and 2 blank pages.
- Two passport photos (5 cm x 5 cm) with white background.
- Letter from doctor/hospital stating requirements for companion in India.
- Documents related to patient medical care.
- When applying for an accompanying medical visa, not together with the patient but separately, also send a photocopy of the patient's passport, including the page containing the medical visa.
- Proof of residential address
- Copy of accompanying passport (for medical work visas)
- Evidence of relationship with a companion.
- Doctor's medical records.