To make traveling to India hassle-free and memorable for foreign tourists, the Government of India launched the e-Tourist Visa Scheme from nine designated airports in India. Currently, the number of countries participating in this program is 76 countries. This program will gradually be expanded this program to 150 countries. This visa is issued only for sightseeing. If you go to any country with this visa, then you cannot engage in any kind of business activities.
Electronic tourist visa facility
This facility is available for passport holders from the following countries;
|Antigua & Barbuda
|Bosnia & Herzegovina
|Papua New Guinea
|St Christopher and Nevis
|St Vincent & Grenadines
|Trinidad & Tobago
|Turks & Caicos Island
|United Arab Emirates
There are a few countries that are not eligible for the Indian e-Tourist Visa. These countries are:
Authorization for the system
International travellers whose sole purpose of visiting India is for recreation, sightseeing, occasional visits to meet friends or relatives, short-term medical treatment or occasional business trips.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in India. Passports must have at least two blank pages for immigration officials to stamp.
- International travellers must have a return or onward ticket with sufficient cash to spend during their stay in India.
- International travellers with a Pakistani passport or Pakistani origin can regularly apply for a visa at the Indian Embassy.
Eligible Documents -
- Valid passport
- Size: min. 10 kb, max. 300 kb Digital in Jpeg Format (Size: minimum 10 KB, maximum 1 MB)
- The background must be light or white.
Eligibility to get an Indian Tourist eVisa
- Your primary purpose of visiting India must be for recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, or attending a short-term yoga program.
- You should hold a passport with at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India, and with at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- You should be a citizen of one of the eligible countries for eVisa. You can check the list of eligible countries on the Indian government's website.
- You should not have a residence or occupation in India.
- You should have sufficient funds to support your stay in India.
- You should not have a history of any criminal offenses.
- You should not be classified as a "Person of Indian Origin" or a "Overseas Citizen of India".
There are three types of Indian Tourist Visas:
- e- 30-Day India Tourist eVisa – 30-Day India Tourist eVisa allows visitors to stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days from the date of entry. You can visit India a maximum of 2 times during the visa validity period with this visa. Note that it comes with an expiration date, which is the day before you have to enter the country.
- 1 Year Indian Tourist eVisa - 1 Year Indian Tourist eVisa is valid for one year from the date of issue. It allows you to Visit India india multiple times but must be within the validity of an Indian e-Visa.
- 5-Year Indian Tourist Visa – 5 Year Indian Tourist Visa is valid for 5 years from the date of issue. It allows you to Visit Imultiple times, but must be within the validity of an Indian e-Visa.
eTourist Visa Instructions
Applicants from eligible countries can apply online at least 4 days before the date of entry with 30 days' notice. Recent photo with white background and passport photo page with personal information like name, date of birth, nationality, expiration date etc for upload by applicant. If the uploaded documents and photos do not meet the specifications/uniqueness, the application may be rejected.
- e-Tourist Visa (ETV) - The fee is $60/- per passenger, excluding credit/debit card conversion fees. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the travel date, otherwise, the request will not be processed.
- Fees are non-refundable as these fees are used to process the application and are not dependent on a visa being granted or refused.
- Applicant's biometrics are required to be recorded at immigration upon arrival in India.
- Visa validity is 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
- Valid for entry through airports like-
- Mumbai and
However, foreigners can exit India from any of the official immigration checkpoints.