Medical Visa is a new regulation from the Government of India. This avoids wasting the Indian Embassy's time for visas. You can apply online, which saves time and reduces costs.
How to Apply for Medical Visa in India?
Since India has become a medical centre in the world, the Government of India has developed a special visa for medical treatment in India which is known as the Medical Attendant Visa. This only applies to those seeking state-approved hospitals for treatment.
How does the e-Medical Attendant visa work?
Applicants from eligible countries and regions can apply online before traveling to India. While most applications are approved within 4 days, some applications may take longer to process. A Medical Visa can be granted for up to two family members accompanying the e-Medical Visa holder. A medical visa has the same validity as an electronic medical visa.
To complete the application, travellers are required to provide some basic information, including the following: full name, date and place of birth, address, contact information and passport details.
Eligible Country List
|Albania||Andorra||Angola||Anguilla||Antigua & Barbuda||Argentina||Armenia||Aruba||Australia|
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||Botswana||Brazil||Brunei||Bulgaria||Burundi||Cambodia||Cameroon||Canada|
|Cape Verde||Cayman Island||Chile||China||Hong Kong||Macau||Colombia||Comoros||Cook Islands|
|Costa Rica||Cote d'lvoire||Croatia||Cuba||Cyprus||Czech Republic||Denmark||Djibouti||Dominica|
|Dominican Republic||East Timor||Ecuador||El Salvador||Equatorial Guinea||Eritrea||Estonia||Fiji||Finland|
|Netherlands||New Zealand||Nicaragua||Niger Republic||Niue Island||Norway||Oman||Palau||Palestine|
|Panama||Papua New Guinea||Paraguay||Peru||Philippines||Poland||Portugal||Qatar||Romania|
|Russia||Rwanda||St Christopher and Nevis||St Lucia||St Vincent & Grenadines||Samoa||San Marino||Saudi Arabia||Senegal|
|Serbia||Seychelles||Sierra Leone||Singapore||Slovakia||Slovenia||Solomon Islands||South Africa||Spain|
|Tonga||Trinidad & Tobago||Turks & Caicos Island||Tuvalu||United Arab Emirates||Uganda||Ukraine||United kingdom||Uruguay|
|United States||Uzbekistan||Vanuatu||Vatican City||Venezuela||Vietnam||Zambia||Zimbabwe|
Eligibility of India Medical attendant Visa
The following are the eligibility criteria for persons applying for Medical Visa in India:
- The applicant must recommend medical consultation and additional specialized treatment from a medical centre in their country of origin before applying for a visa for treatment in India.
- The applicant must provide proof of being admitted to an established/recognized/specialized hospital/care centre in India.
- Applicants with significant medical conditions have a higher priority for obtaining a visa. These diseases include serious problems such as heart disease, organ transplantation, neurosurgery, etc.
- Another requirement for the applicant is guaranteed financial support for round-trip airfare and all expenses related to treatment.
- A visa is not valid for surrogacy.
How to get India Medical attendant Visa?
The following steps are required to apply for a Medical Visa in India:
- Fill out the India visa application form.
- The application form is submitted along with the documents.
- Applicants must wait 3 weeks for approval. Once the visa is approved, travel dates can be set.
- The visa will be stamped upon arrival at the airport.
The required documents are –
- Passport valid for 6 months and 2 blank pages.
- Two passport photos (5 cm x 5 cm) with white background.
- Letter from doctor/hospital stating requirements for companion in India.
- Documents related to patient medical care.
- When applying for an accompanying medical visa, not together with the patient but separately, also send a photocopy of the patient's passport, including the page containing the medical visa.
- Proof of residential address
- Copy of accompanying passport (for medical work visas)
- Evidence of relationship with a companion.
- Doctor's medical records.
What You Can Do with Indian Medical Assistant Visa
The India e-Medical Accompanying Visa is designed to allow family members of e-Medical Visa holders to accompany them. There are a few things applicants need to know about medical work visas. They include:
- All travellers must have sufficient financial resources to support themselves during their stay in India.
- Travelers must carry a copy of the approved Indian e-Visa with them during their stay.
- Visitors must have a return or onward ticket when applying for their medical attendant visa.
- All applicants, regardless of age, must have an individual passport.
- Parents cannot include their children in their online India Visa Application.
- The applicant's passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. Passports must have at least two blank pages to allow entry and exit stamps for immigration and border control.
How much does an India Medical attendant Visa cost?
Indian Medical Assistant visa fees may vary. It is non-refundable and regardless of the candidate's score. Indian E-Medical Assistant Visa applicants should review their application carefully before submitting the form. Any misidentification after submission may result in an invalid entry. The system can request a new one for the same handling fee.
How long can you stay in India with an Electronic Medical Assistant Visa?
Once approved, the e-Medical Attendant Visa is valid for 60 days from the first day of entry into India. Holders can stay in the country for that period or travel out and back twice more during the 60 days. Foreign visitors can obtain an e-Medical Attendant visa three times a year. However, this type of visa can only be used to travel with someone who has an E-Medical Visa and is undergoing medical treatment in India.
How long does it take to get an Indian e-Visa?
It will take two to three working days for the results to be sent to the applicant's registered email address. Immigration authorities suggest leaving a gap of several days between the application and the flight schedule to avoid any discrepancies.